Is there any infused treat more ubiquitous than THC brownies? Maybe, but probably not. And while you can now find brownies for sale at countless dispensaries, they don’t have the same made-from-scratch taste that you’d get from making your own. Unfortunately, knowing how to make cannabis brownies isn’t very common knowledge. We’re going to change that. Learn all about making cannabis brownies with our super-simple recipe!
How to Make Cannabis Brownies: An Easy and Delicious Recipe
Below, we’ll cover everything you need to know about making cannabis brownies. We’ll start off with explaining some infusing options, then get into ingredients, and finally a step-by-step guide.
Before You Start Making Cannabis Brownies: Infusion Options
If you don’t infuse your cannabis brownies with THC, they’ll just be regular (albeit delicious) baked goodies. To get THC into them, you’ll need to choose some kind of infusion option.
You essentially have two choices here. First, you could use a classic: cannabutter. Or, for a lower-fat option, you could choose some kind of infused oil. Coconut oil is a great choice since it absorbs THC well and has a sweet, rich taste.
Regardless of whether you use oil or butter, you can use the same ratios of cannabis. For powerful brownies, use 1 ounce of cannabis per pound of oil or butter. For less potent treats, consider using ½ ounce of cannabis per pound. Learn more about making cannabutter here.
An enterprising and adventurous cannabis cook can also use cannabis-infused sugar for this recipe. Want an extra-powerful batch when making cannabis brownies? Using both cannabutter and cannasugar will increase your dosage and supercharge your treats!
Finally, if you don’t have access to any of these ingredients (and don’t want to make them yourself), you still have options. If you live in a state with legal cannabis, you can use some kind of concentrate or extract to infuse THC into your brownies. Just make sure the extract has already been decarboxylated. If it hasn’t, you’ll have to do that yourself.
How to Make Cannabis Brownies: Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, cannabutter, or infused coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar or cannasugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup flour
- Toppings: optional, may include caramel, chocolate chips, nuts, sea salt, and more
Cannabis Brownie Recipe: Step-By-Step Process
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow the butter to reach room temperature.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugars and butter together.
- Mix the eggs into the sugar/butter mixture.
- Add vanilla to the mixture.
- Beat the mixture for one minute. Use a medium speed.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Beat the mixture at a low speed to ensure everything is well-mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan.
- Add optional toppings.
- Bake for 30 minutes. For softer, chewier brownies, bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy or freeze within 7 days for best taste.
That’s it! While this recipe is a great way to learn how to make cannabis brownies, it’s not the only way to do so. Put your own twist on this recipe to jazz it up. And if you need to stock up on any cannabis or concentrates to infuse your cannabis brownies, you can find it at one of our stores.